Meet the Doctor
Stephen M. Kang, DMD, MA
I love this C. S. Lewis quote:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
I love this quote because it tells a lot about how we live in this world; it simply tells a lot about our philosophy in life. Your philosophy is the vision you have and you will see the world through what you believe. I truly believe that what I do for my patients will have a long lasting impact in their lives and I try my best to honor the dignity and the integrity of all my patients.
Skill and compassion go hand in hand when providing dental care for my patients. As a dental professional, I stay up to date on the latest advancements in dentistry in order to provide the most current treatment options for my patients. As a doctor, I recognize that my patients are unique individuals who have placed a great deal of trust in me and my team. That is just one reason why I value each and every patient relationship.
I believe that a "beautiful smile" is a "complete smile" that comes from all facets of one's life. A beautiful smile is as good as its smile maker and the smile maker will only be able to make a beautiful smile if you truly smile from within. I have two listening ears to hear you without any judgement. I hope that I can be a part of your smile that will come from within and also be able to create a smile on your face. It is my promise to you that I will do my best to keep your oral health to the healthiest possible state and I will do my best to keep you smiling for many years to come.
Education and Experiences:
- Bachelors of Arts in Biology and Psychology - Rutgers College
- Masters of Arts in Developmental/School Psychology - Rowan University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine - University of Pennsylvania
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Intern - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry - University of Pennsylvania
- Implant: Surgical and Prosthetics - New York University College of Dentistry
- Sedation Dentistry - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Staff Dentist for Special Needs Dentistry - Temple University Episcopal Hospital
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Southern Dental Society
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda Society
I have been married to my wife for more than a decade and we have two beautiful daughters. I think you can say that we are a very musical family because we all play some kind of a musical instrument or two. Latest challenge has been learning to play the ukulele with my 12 year old daughter who is now a master at strumming the Uke. I spend most of my summer days kayaking and canoeing along the river near by and fishing. I love to learn new things and new thoughts so I often spend my evenings learning "stuff" on the iTunes U taking internet online courses. On weekends, I spend many hours at my church and I often cook for the congregant of more than 800 people. Mexican style tacos al pastor with Spanish rice has been a great hit with my church young adult congregants. You can also find me doing oral health fairs and presentations at local schools and churches throughout the region.
I appreciate the time you’ve taken to visit this site and find out more about this dental practice. My team and I will provide our best services to help you achieve your optimum oral health to put a BIG SMILE on your face.